Banking district, Ivano-Frankivsk
An interesting monument of architecture called "The banking quarter" can be seen in the center of Ivano-Frankivsk. Indeed, as it turns out, Banking quarters occur not only in Frankfurt, Geneva or Zurich, but also in Ukraine.
The building forms four houses that are tight to each other in the form of a square. These buildings can be considered one of the city`s business cards.
History of Banking Quarter
In the heart of the city, the glorious hundred meters long, one empty plot of land is probably just waiting for its architect. And finally in 1896 there began the construction of coffee, commissioned by restaurateur Henry Bass. It was the first of four buildings, which are formed Banking Stanislav old quarter.
For an elegant arcade of the ground floor located cafe "UNION" which was very popular with the citizens until 1912, when the old man died and pastry house sold mortgage bank. Its renovated, decorated with openwork second floor balcony. It is in the form of a mortgage bank can see this building on old postcards. Subsequently housed in buildings Bass branches of different banks, today is "Raiffeisen Bank Aval".
A little further hundred meters is located the so-called Leon Ґravera house that was built by engineer Jan Kudelsky in 1905. The house was inhabited apartments, and on the first floor - the company, among them the famous shop sewing machines "Singer", pharmacy, porcelain and glass store and a hair salon that can still remember frankivchany. Today it houses the main control architecture and urban planning, and the Customer Service Center Life :)
In the same 1905, at the corner of modern street Grushevskogo udynok was elevated to the Austro-Hungarian bank. This outstanding event not forget to mention in contemporary newspapers. "Courier Stanislavovski" writes that "a newly erected building branch of the Austro-Hungarian Bank city adornment. Its creator Ian Kudelsky matter can be proud of their hands and talent. "
With the change of State and varied institutions that occupy space at different times: after the Austro-Hungarian here hazyaynuvav Polish bank, then the State Bank of the USSR, the National Bank of Ukraine. And since 2003 the house was sold "Raiffeisen Bank Aval". Strangely, the story came back to where to started and Austrian bank started Austrian and completed.
And the neighborhood, at the corner of today`s streets. Hrushevskoho Shashkevych and in 1907 there was a beautiful three-story stone house, built by a doctor Apolinariy Lyahavets. Although this house has never been any financial institutions, he completed quarter and formed a bank in Ivano-Frankivsk, and not surprisingly, considered one of the architectural gems of the city. Today, here is the part of bank offices.
Whatever you might say, and rightly called the banking quarter.
Architecture Banking Quarter
As the banking quarter Ivano-Frankivsk built in the late 19th - early 20th century, its architecture dominates modern and eclectic style. For example, bank and building Ґravera rounded domes topped and decorated with sharply angled roofing windows.
A unique building in the city is the former Austro-Hungarian Bank. Interestingly, in its architecture experts are Renaissance features, shutters, columns, decorations reminiscent of Renaissance palace.
Buildings are in good condition, not counting a little shabby stucco. Although, like all historic buildings Ukrainian cities, Banking quarter suffered a problem with plastic windows and shop windows. A certain dissonance in view of making stone buildings and bright advertising signs
Some interesting facts
- From banking quarter was the site where the oldest bookshop located in Ivano-Frankivsk. It opened in 1912, opened on the ground floor kamyanytsi Bass. Later bought the store known publisher Miroslav Samoverskyy and German rule established in the premises of "Ukrainian bookstore." After the war, the tradition continued, and the shop "Bookseller", which was opened in the Soviet era, has worked until recently.
- In the second and third floors were usually stone buildings housing apartments.But in the Austro-Hungarian bank was on the second floor operating room. When he lived on the first floor of the bank director. Also, there were apartments deputy director, messenger and watchman.
- It appears that Kamenica Ґravera planned as a modern building on four floors with electricity and lift. But then everything happened in the best traditions of modern building companies when promising one thing and get something else entirely. Yes, Ґraver built only three floors, also no lift. Instead of gas lamps still had electricity, and thus is the first residential building in Ivano-Frankivsk with electric lighting.
- The house doctor Lyahavtsya some time symbolically stay close dental "studio" and tearoom. In Soviet times there operated a popular cafe "The Rose."
Getting the banking quarter Ivano-Frankivsk
Banking Quarter is located in the heart of Ivano-Frankivsk. You can easily see it on the right if ruhatymetesya Street towards Independence Square Vicheva. Or the train station by bus number 60, and a minute walk.