Peter and Paul Church, Zaporozhye
Peter and Paul Church is located in the city of Zaporozhye on the corner of Kosygin and Voronin.
The history of the Church of Peter and Paul in Zaporozhye
Information detailing the history of the church is practically absent. The church was consecrated in honor of the Holy Apostles Peter and Paul.
According to legend, a simple fisherman, Simon (Peter) walked away from faith, but repented and was called by Jesus Christ to the disciples. For their faith, Simon received from the Son of God, the name of Peter, which translated from Greek means "stone". He witnessed all the wonders of the Lord. After the resurrection of Christ became his follower. Peter first came to preach about the resurrected Jesus to talk about his doctrine and have suffered for their faith. Saul (Paul) was a highly educated Jewish scribes. Initially he persecuted Christians until he was God Himself. After that, he was baptized, was named named Paul, which translated from Greek means "small". He traveled extensively in Europe, Asia and Africa. It is also called the Apostle of the Gentiles. When traveling, preaching Christianity was engaged in foundation of the Church of Rome, Greece, and Asia. In times of severe persecution of Christians by the Roman emperor Nero for their faith and the activities of the Apostle Paul was beheaded by the sword, and the apostle Peter crucified upside down.
It is known that the construction of the Church of Peter and Paul, was made in the period from 2003 to 2006. Opened happens very rarely. The church does not belong to the Orthodox Church, and is ascribed to the True Orthodox Church (CPI). Historically, the CPI was formed by the church split in 1920 in different countries. The reason for the split was the Russian Orthodox Church clergy cooperation with the Soviet authorities. True Orthodox Church operates in many countries.