Church of St. Constantine and Helena

The history of the Church of St. Constantine and Helen at the hem filled with many dramatic events, and begins in the 17th century. Bohdan Khmelnytsky took this land from the Roman Catholic Church and the Kiev merchants decided to build a wooden church. And so it happened, but in 1726 during a fire the church was destroyed. In 1734, the mayor of Kiev decided to create here a stone church. In the 1750s was built stone tower and a gallery. The chief architect of the project was known Kiev creator Ivan Grigorovich-Barsky.
In the mid-19th century, the church was capitally restored. But in Soviet times the entire grand complex was destroyed. To have survived only a small rectangular church without a dome behalf of St. Demetrios. Valuable is that it is the work of Ivan Grigorovich-Barsky and has not suffered any modifications since the construction.