Rivne Zoo, Rovno
Rivne Zoo is located in the city of Rivne and is one of the main holiday destinations of the local population and tourists. Every year it is visited by more than 150 thousand people, there is a varied holidays and festivals for all visitors.
The history of the zoo
Rivne Zoo was established in 1982. Initiated by the Regional Organization for the Protection of the Environment.
It has been allocated more than 11 hectares of land, where they began to arrange well territory for the zoo. The first inhabitants here were wolves, foxes, wild boar, elk. All of them were taken from the local forestry. In addition, the circus here passed the brown bear. Later, the zoo began to cooperate with other such institutions in the then Soviet Union. So there are new animals: bison, deer, camels, various birds and other fauna.
In 1998, the zoo was given the status of an object of national importance. Today the main part of the zoo take the remaining territory of the orchard and the forest area is 4.7 hectares.
What kind of animals can be seen at the zoo
In Rivne zoo is found more than 150 species of different animals, among them there are deer, Himalayan bears, monkeys, wild boars, foxes, wolves, different species of birds and other animals.
Zoo collection is constantly updated and growing.
- The zoo can observe exactly how fed pets. For example, lions, Amur tigers, ostriches, pelicans, vultures and others.
- An unusual and interesting exposition will be "Night World".
- There is also the possibility to ride ponies and horses. In the week from 12:00 to 17:00. On weekends from 12:00 to 17:00.
How to get there
Rivne Zoo is located at Kievskaya Street, 110 in the city of Rivne. To reach here, you can personal transportation from the bus station on the street of Kiev. The distance is a little more than 2 km. You can also get a shuttle bus number 34, 40, 41, stop "Zoo".
- in the summer from 9:00 to 20:00, ticket office open until 19:30;
- winter from 9:00 to 17:00, ticket office open until 16:30.